Thank you that sunshiny girl over at http://goldenlifeliving.com/2015/01/17/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-2/ for the nomination.
The rules for the award to follow are as follows:
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, linking back to their site
Put the Award logo on your blog
Answer the ten questions sent to you
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
Nominate seven blogs
Questions I Answered:
1. What made you decide to create a blog? I thought it would be a good outlet for my writing impulses that don’t fit into my newspaper columns or the still-to-be-finished novel. It’s also a nice way to connect with other and learn new things. I’ve heard that potential publishers expect you to already have a platform.
2. Share something personal about yourself? My 65th birthday is in one month.
3. What are you passionate about? Being a good grandma and a better writer.
4. Do you have any goals for your blog (short-term or long-term)? If so, please share. To post something good about once a week and (at least) to re-blog other’s posts that warrant sharing.
5. What is your favorite color? Red.
6. Throwing your fears aside, what would you actively pursue? I’ll continue working on my novel (rewriting, editing now) and try to get an agent and publisher.
7. Are your blog posts on topics that you know innately or do you take time to research your topics? A little of each, but only on topics that interest me. Usually I’ll see, read, or hear something that inspires me or calls for a response. Me and my big mouth.
8. What is your blog about? Please share. Bits of wisdom. You see, I’m very old now and need to share what I’ve learned before I go, hopefully with a light touch and a bit of humor. I’ll likely use memories as a jumping off point and try to draw a lesson from that experience. I don’t want to make it about the past though. I want to make it about learning lessons and moving forward.
9. What do you envision for your blog? A friendly little chat among friends where we can inspire each other to be kinder, healthier, happier, more accepting, and more forgiving. Life is short and getting shorter every day.
10. What process did you go through in naming your blog? Ooooh, so not done with this. I thought that because I write and want to get a book published one day that using my name would be best. So I started with that. After seeing all the cleverness and variety out there and writing a few posts, I thought I needed to put in a little more effort. I believe that I still have a lot to learn. And I remember taking a writing class for which we kept a learning log. And I taught school. So that’s where I am now. It may not stick. I’m open to suggestions.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- How long have you had a blog? How many do you have?
- What is the purpose of your blog? Is it primarily personal or professional?
- Have you had a bad blogging experience? What was it and how did you respond? What did you learn?
- Given a day free of responsibilities, what would you do?
- Favorite season?
- Where do you live? Describe it in a sentence or two.
- What year were you born?
- Tell us something funny about your family or your pets.
- What are the qualities you look for in a life partner?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?